His considerable tax consultation experience has provided Larry B. Harris with a foundational basis for helping clients address tax planning in areas of personal, business, and trust and estate taxation. Harris facilitates the management of our clients’ financial assets and works with their legal counsel to carry out estate and trust planning.
Harris earned a CPA certificate in 1985 after graduating from Appalachian State University with a Master of Science degree in accounting. He began his career in public accounting with Peat Marwick and Mitchell, currently KMPG. In addition to years of experience in tax consultation Harris spent several years with Bank of America serving in their private bank. While at Bank of America, he coordinated investment management and trust and estate services. He earned designation as a Certified Financial Planner in 2001.
Harris has served on numerous nonprofit boards in the community. Currently he is chairman of the Carepartners Foundation board and a member of Carepartners Health Care,Inc. A long-time Rotarian, he belongs to the Black Mountain Rotary Club, of which he has served as president and board member. He has also served on the boards of Carolina Day School, the YMCA, and WCQS Public Radio.
Harris and his wife are members of Trinity Presbyterian Church, where he has served as a member of the Session.
Larry B. Harris CV
- A native of Black Mountain, North Carolina
- Member with wife Susan at Trinity Presbyterian Church
- BSBA and MS Accountancy Appalachian State University
- Certied Public Accountant and Certied Financial Planner
- Bank of America Private Bank
- The Public Accounting Firms:
- Peat Marwick Mitchell and
- McGladrey & Pullen
Current Community Service:
- Board of Aldermen Town of Black Mountain (December 2013 to present and 1988-1990
- Buncombe County Audit Committee (appointed in spring of 2014 and elected Chairman)
- The North Carolina Arboretum Board of Directors (Appointed August 2014)
- CarePartners Health Services Inc. Board of Directors (Chair Elect)
- CarePartners Foundation Board of Directors (past chair)
- Deereld Episcopal Retirement Community Inc Board of Directors (Treasurer)
- Rotarian (25 years a Rotarian of Black Mountain Rotary Club, past president 1994-1995)
Past Community Service: